Mill of Äijä

Home ] The Kangasniemi Museum of Sport ] Miniature Model of Leineperi Ironworks ] Sacklén, the Blacksmith's Cabin ] Steam Engine from the year 1888 ] Museum of Artifacts and an Old Finnish Hut ] The Open Air Museum of Taattola ] Mill of Äijä ] Events 2016 ] Services ] Current Information ] Guided Tours ] Photo Gallery ]

In the village of Koski alongside river Kullaanjoki, on a site that spans hundreds of years of watermills, you can find the Mill of Äijä, renovated by Kosti Setälä in the 1920s. During the 1960s, the building came into possession of the county of Kullaa and since the beginning of the 2000s, it has been leashed out to the Local History and Museum Association of Kullaa.

During its time under the ownership of the county, the building decayed heavily. Through the initiative of the Association, basic repairs were accomplished. The work was started by renovating the foundation and framing back to their original condition. The base floor, floor and the roof as well as the rooftop were created anew and the windows were replaced. The building spans 100 m2, with the exhibition area being roughly 200 m2 in size.

During the summer of 2007 inside the mill was built a permanent exhibition, which tells of the usage of the power of water in the Kullaanjoki river, and contains the stories of twenty different watermills in the river Kullaanjoki and its branches.

Refresh the page to see the picture

Open upon request.

Door price 2 EUR

Guided tours and additional information:

Local History and Museum Association of Kullaa
The Information Centre of Leineperi Ironworks
Phone +358-2-5591551, +358-400-790591